Talaash! Which part of Mumbai do you want to see?

Vile Parle (E)



पर्दे के पीछे 2: I want to experience.

You should never judge a book by its cover.
You should also never judge a writer by his or her book.
A painter by his work.
A movie from the set.
A play from the action in the backstage.
Or a band from its stage act or album.

I think, nothing can kill a concert experience like watching the team that puts the 'Act' together.

It's understandable to read the book, and then find out out how the writer wrote it. Look at a painting, see how the painter created his work. Enjoy a movie, and decipher the madness behind the scenes.

Carrying the camera allows me to see most things from behind.

Working for the advertising industry, I have seen the thought and work process that goes into making a few seconds of TV time.

And I miss the days when I was just another consumer who only sees the final product on the screen, in front of the eyes.

I want to be the believer who imagines the divine and not the rational atheist who wonders how the whole show was put together.

I only want to experience.





Photo Books by Mumbai Paused







Digital photo books with stories from the streets of Mumbai are now available at Footpath Bookshop


Explore by places

Archive