26 Aug 2011

Off Mohammed Ali Road




Feast In The Age Of Indefinite Fasts: Main Course.

And finally, the real reason to go to Md. Ali Road. Especially for us greedy gluttons. The ones who can't skip a single meal, ever.

For the meat.


But first, a salute to these guys who are fasting and cooking. Like millions of others across the country and the globe right now. I wish I had that kind of will power.






This dude was irritated at his helper because they were still cooking even after his prayers and everybody had broken the fast. Masterchef deadlines!







The Raw and the Cooked.

In many parts of India, we like to mask what we eat. We love to eat, provided we block out what we are eating. So here's what you will be eating, uncensored:











Indigestible. The child helper who is manning the chopped and butchered chopping board.

7 comments:

Curry Spice said...

Is it bad that I actually love all these pictures. I gasped at the opening shot. I dont mind the brains and all those other parts- but thats just me. (I would attempt cooking all that stuff and buy it fresh from my butcher- but that was another life).
The pic of the kababs frying is fantastic. Nice depth of field.

Slogan Murugan aka M S Gopal said...

Thank you. :)

Thecinnamonjourney said...

make me lil bit sad :( ,but you make great capture

Sunil Deepak said...

Love your images (and their size) :)

Slogan Murugan aka M S Gopal said...

Thank you. isn't it better to see images in large size.

Thecinnamonjourney said...

i want make the picture in my blog more large too, wht theme you have in your blog, im still not found how to make it more large :(

Bronwyn said...

Thank you for sending me your link!

I absolutely love your photos. They are gorgeous, so simple but so full of detail, exactly in the style I like. I look forward to seeing more.

They remind me a little bit of my trip to Nul Bazaar and the meat market photos I took there:

http://littlebirdbombay.com/2012/03/08/meat-market-and-nul-bazaar/

Subscribe Via Email

Images hosted on www.ipernity.com

Archive